Southeastern Electric Cooperative Inc.
Prepaid Metering FAQ's
What is prepaid metering?
- Prepaid metering is a pay as you go electric service. You pay in advance for the electicity you will be using.
How can I check my prepaid balance and make payments?
- Online on our website, southeasternelectric.com and clicking Smart Hub.
- Free app available to IOS and Android devices.
- Calling any office toll free at 1-800-333-2859.
- Visiting any office at Sioux Falls, Marion, Viborg, Alcester or Salem.
Are low balance notifications sent?
- Yes, once you reach a credit balance of -$25.00 or below you are notified by email, text or phone.
How often do I need to make payments?
- That is up to you. Payments may be made daily, weekly or monthly, just so a credit balance is maintained.
Am I subject to late fees?
What if I don't receive notification?
- Your are responsible for notifying SEC of any changes to contact information and for checking your prepaid balance.
What happens when my credit is $0 or below?
- Power will be disconnected once your account no longer has a credit.
- Disconnects will be immediate and with out further notification.
- Inclement weather does not prevent disconnection.
If I am disconnected how can I get reconnected?
- Payment will need to be made, and a minimum of a $25.00 credit balance is required before reconnect will occur.
Are there any fees to reconnect if I am diconnected due to non-payment?
- No reconnect fees are associated with the prepaid program.
Does SEC have a separate rate for Prepaid?
- No, the billing rate is the same as the standard rate.
How are prepaid members billed?
- Prepaid is billed and updated daily at 9:30am
- You will not receive a monthly billing statement.
What is the cost to start prepaid?
What if I receive a payment quarantee for energy assistance?
- Payments will be applied once received by SEC. Assistance pledges will not be accepted to keep the service active.
Can I choose to be moved to standard billing at any time?
- Yes, SEC will require full payment and will require a deposit (based on your credit) as a condition of continued service.
Interested in the Prepay Program? Contact us here or call 1-800-333-2859. Or you can click here to sign the Prepaid Service Agreement and send into one of our offices.