Director of Communications – South Dakota Rural Electric Association, Pierre, SD – SDREA, a member services organization for South Dakota’s electric cooperatives, is seeking a qualified individual for the position of director of communications in Pierre, S.D. The successful candidate should have a comprehensive knowledge of mass media and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also have a superior ability to write and edit in a journalistic style that is customary to external publications. Responsibilities include supervising the production of a monthly publication for member cooperatives, coordinating and supervising all SDREA communications, developing and implementing an annual budget for the Communications Department, preparing news releases, working with committees and member cooperatives on education and informative messages, designing various forms of print communication and maintaining the association’s web page. The candidate will also manage communication personnel. This position will require a self-motivated and organized individual with the ability to work independently and efficiently with deadlines. A college degree in mass communications, journalism or related field with an emphasis on written and oral communication and /or equivalent work experience is required. Experience in publishing and the use of Adobe design software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Bridge is required. Experience in supervising and business is preferred. A salary range of $75,000-$80,000 will be considered based upon experience. SDREA offers a highly competitive benefit package including defined benefit pension, 401(k), HSA, HRA, health, dental, vision and a generous leave policy. Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter and three writing examples by April 5, 2020, to jobs@sdrea. coop.
1,000-hour Line Worker – Cam Wal Electric Cooperative, Selby, SD – Requires post-secondary degree in power line construction-maintenance and a SD Class A CDL. Send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail Cam Wal Electric, Attention: Wally Grage, PO Box 135, Selby, SD 57472. Resumes accepted until March 31, 2020. EOE.
(2) 1000-hour Apprentice Line Workers – H-D Electric Cooperative, Clear Lake, SD – This position is classified as an Electric Helper-Operations. This is a temporary position with the potential to fill one full-time position currently open at this time. Applications will be accepted until March 20, 2020. The positions will be located in Clear Lake, SD. Applications can be found on our website www.h-delectric. coop or be picked up at our office, 18240 SD Hwy 15, Clear Lake, SD. Submit resume and application by mail or email to: H-D Electric Cooperative, PO Box 1007, Clear Lake, SD, 57226 or email@example.com. For more information, contact Troy Kwasniewski at 605-874-2171. EOE.
Apprentice/Journeyman Lineworker – Lake Region Electric Association Inc, Webster, SD – Candidates must have completed or be currently enrolled in a power line construction course at an accredited post-secondary education institute. Applicants must have or be able to obtain a CDL. To fill out an application, please visit https://www.lakeregion.coop/content/career-opportunities. Send completed application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Lake Region Electric Association Inc, Attn: Operations Manager, PO BOX 341, Webster, SD 57274. Applications due by March 27, 2020. EOE.
(4) 1,000-hour Apprentice Line Workers – Moreau-Grand Electric, Timber Lake, SD – Positions are for the 2020 construction season, with the potential for filling two full-time positions currently open at this time. Must be a team player with good written and verbal communications skills. A CDL is required. Applications can be found on our website www.mge.coop/career-opportunities or picked up at our office, 405 9th St. Timber Lake, SD 57656. Submit resume and application by mail to Moreau-Grand Electric, Attention: Kent Larson, PO Box 8, Timber Lake, SD 57656 or email email@example.com. Position open until filled. EOE.
(2) 1,000-hour Apprentice Linemen – Lacreek Electric Association, Inc, Martin, SD – There will be a possibility of one full -time position available after 1,000 hours. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, possess a CDL and have completed a certified Line Worker Training program. Target start date is April-May, depending on applicant availability. To apply, pick up an application at our office located at 121 N. Harold St., Martin, SD or on our website www.lacreek. com. Applications may be delivered directly to Lacreek Electric at 121 N. Harold St., mailed to PO Box 220 Martin, SD 57551 or faxed to 605-685-6957. Applications will be accepted until filled. EOPE.
2) 1,000-hour Lineworkers – Codington-Clark Electric Co-op, Watertown, SD – Requires post-secondary degree in power line construction and maintenance and a S.D. Class A CDL. Send cover letter and resume by e-mail to tammyp@ ccelectric.coop. Contact Tammy Popham, Codington-Clark Electric Co-op, PO Box 880, Watertown, SD 57201-0880. Phone 605-886-5848. Applications accepted only until filled. EOE
Journeyman Lineman – High Plains Power, Riverton, WY – Position will be located in our Casper, Wyo., district office. Candidates must complete an Application for Employment and may attach a resume; resumes will not be accepted as an application. Applications may be obtained on our website: www.highplainspower.org. All applications should be directed to: Angela Wallace, Human Resources, via mail at PO Box 713, Riverton, WY 82501, fax 307-856-4207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. EOE.
Power Line Program Instructor – Western Nebraska Community College, Scottsbluff, NE –This position will be located at the Alliance, Neb., Campus. Email cover letter, current resume, academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com; or mail to Human Resources Office, Western Nebraska Community College, 1601 East 27th Street, Scottsbluff, NE 69361-1815; or fax to 308-635-6161. Position will remain open until filled. EOE.
(6) Temporary Apprentice Line Workers – Sioux Valley Energy, Colman, SD – Potential to fill two fulltime positions. Will work with the line crews to construct and maintain electric utility lines. Hourly rate. No benefits. Graduation from vocational/technical school in power line studies required. Must be at least 18 years. Must be able to obtain a CDL. Work available at our Brandon and Colman service centers. Candidates must submit an SVE application to be considered. They are available on-line at www.siouxvalleyenergy.com or by calling 1-800-234-1960. Applications will be accepted until March 30, 2020. EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
(2) Temporary Substation Utility Assistants – East River Electric, Madison, SD – Full-time seasonal work with up to 1,000 hours possible. Target start date is early May, depending on applicant availability. To learn more about East River, read the full job description and apply, please visit https:// eastrivercoop.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Questions regarding the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-256-8001. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Initial interviews expected to begin week of March 23, 2020. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
(2) Public Utilities Specialist Field Representative – Western Area Power Administration, Upper Great Plains Region, Bismarck, ND, Huron, SD and/or Watertown, SD – Apply online at: https://www.usajobs.gov by March 23, 2020. EOE.
Energy Advisor – Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, Alta, IA – Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, 702 South 1st Street, Estherville, IA 51334. Documents may also be submitted via e-mail addressed to email@example.com. Position will remain open until April 3, 2020. EOE.
(3) 1,000-hour Utility Workers – Central Electric Cooperative, Inc. Mitchell, SD – Central Electric is accepting applications for three (3) temporary Utility Workers to work with line crews constructing and maintaining electric utility distribution lines. Graduation from a vocational/technical school in power line studies and a Class A Commercial Driver’s License is required. Employment beginning May 2020 at an hourly rate. No benefits. To obtain an employment application and job description, visit www.centralec.coop. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. EOE.
(2) 1,000-hour Lineworkers – Charles Mix Electric Cooperative, Lake Andes, SD – Applications can be found on our website www.cme.coop or be picked up at our office, 440 Lake Street, Lake Andes, SD 57356. Submit resume and application by mail or email to: Charles Mix Electric, PO Box 10, Lake Andes, SD 57356 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Chad Loeffler at 605-487-7321. Jobs to be open until filled.
(3) 1,000-hour Linemen – Grand Electric Cooperative, Bison, SD – Applicants should have completed power line training. Send resume along with a letter of application by May 11, 2020, to Steve Senn, Manager Electric Operations, Grand Electric Cooperative, Inc., PO Box 39, Bison, SD 57620. EOE.
Accountant & Analyst – Northern Electric, Bath, SD – This position will be responsible for plant accounting, accounts payable, purchase orders and analytical accounting functions. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Selfmotivation and strong work habits are required. A bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred, however, three years accounting work experience in lieu of education will be considered. Application for Employment is available on our website: www.northernelectric.coop and returned to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. EOE.